Broadcast IT Technician/Engineer
WVUT / WVUB / WFML
Full Time Support Staff Position
The position is responsible for on-air quality control, end user technical support and equipment installation and maintenance/repair in a state-of-the-art broadcast/media environment. This is a full-time support staff position with benefits, with a standard schedule of Monday through Friday 9:30 am to 6:00 pm, subject to change.
This position reports to Director of Engineering.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set up, operate, and maintain radio and television broadcast equipment
- Installation and wiring of broadcast and IT based broadcast systems
- Provide quality services to all departments within Vincennes University’s Broadcasting Department
- Provide Emergency service as required to restore broadcast operations.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds with reaching overhead, bending and twisting
- Must hold a valid driver’s license
- Associates Degree in Electronics, IT, Broadcasting, or related field
- Prior audio and video or electronics experience
- Ability to configure and troubleshoot various computers, servers, and IT infrastructure for broadcast needs
- Ability to configure IP network devices and perform basic connectivity troubleshooting
- 3-5 years of general work experience in a broadcast environment
- Have knowledge of high definition studio equipment, ENG & EFP cameras and gear
- Knowledge and/or familiarity of IOT and solid state transmitters(FM and UHF), transmission systems including filters, antennas and line, high voltage, tower structures, and microwave STL equipment.
- Experience with production/post production systems including Avid Media Composer, Adobe Creative Suite, Ross Xpression, Nexio Video Servers, Ross Inception, Ross Carbonite Switchers
- Familiarity with radio station automation systems (Wide Orbit), audio consoles, microphones and other radio station equipment
- Knowledge of all applicable FCC rules and regulations
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should submit a VU Application, cover letter, resume and contact information for three references to Vincennes University Human Resources by email to email@example.com or mail to Vincennes, University, Human Resources, 1002 North First Street, Vincennes, IN 47591.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Interviews may be held concurrently with the advertising period. While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note the selected candidate may be required to submit to a criminal history background check. Vincennes University is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.