WVUT Multimedia News Reporter/Producer
Full Time Support Staff Position
The WVUT Multimedia News Reporter/Producer has a passion for story telling through broadcast and online media practices to keep our listeners and viewers informed.
This is a full-time support staff position, with benefits, and a standard schedule of Monday through Friday 10am to 6:30pm, subject to change.
This position reports to the News Director.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Schedule interviews with members of our community for human interest stories
- Attend civic meetings and other events of interest for news content
- Shoot video, including interviews, to accompany news and promotional content
- Record and edit audio interviews for use within radio news content
- Edit video and audio for news and promotional content
- Write news stories for radio, television and web
- Produce, gather and post content accurately and timely on our websites, mobile platforms and social media in support of our stations’ digital strategies
- Assist in production of our live daily 30 minute TV newscast and other productions as needed
- Communicate with newsroom, radio, and TV production staff, as well as students, on a daily basis
- Assist in instructing students involved in daily newsroom and production tasks
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must have strong knowledge of media software and video exporting & uploading to digital platforms
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds with reaching overhead, bending and twisting
- Must hold a valid driver’s license
The ideal candidate should have:
- Minimum of an Associate’s Degree in Broadcasting, Broadcast Journalism or related major
- 1-2 years’ experience in a broadcast setting
- Must be able to effectively communicate with members of the public, staff and students
Competitive benefits package including health insurance, 16 paid holidays, tax-deferred retirement contributions, vacation, and sick leave. More information can be found by visiting the Benefits page of the VU website: http://vinu.edu/human-resources
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should submit the following, in order, via email as one pdf document: a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to email@example.com or hard copy applications materials may be mailed to: Human Resources, 1002 North First Street, Vincennes, IN 47591.
The title format of the pdf should read: LastName_FirstInitial_PositionTitle
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Interviews may be held concurrently with the advertising period. While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note the selected candidate will be required to submit to a criminal history background check.
Vincennes University is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer