Vincennes PBS/WVUT, WVUB-FM, WFML-FM
Full Time Professional Staff Position
Vincennes University Broadcasting is seeking an energetic, organized and experienced broadcast journalist to join our multimedia newsroom as the Senior Reporter/Producer.
This is a full-time professional staff position, with benefits, and a standard schedule of Monday through Friday 6am to 2:30pm, subject to change.
This position reports to the News Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Write broadcast news stories for multiple platforms, including television, radio and web
- Serve as morning radio news anchor for stations
- Cover civic meetings and community events for the purpose of gathering news content
- Have a strong understanding of the latest technology used in the newsroom, including best practices of social media
- Record and edit audio for radio newscasts
- Shoot and edit video when needed
- Interview subjects for radio and television news
- Mentor, manage and work well with students assigned to cover news
- Create creative content and news for the stations’ websites
- Create graphics for the TV newscast and websites
- Have the ability to multi-task and deliver high-quality work under tight deadlines
- Serve as spokesperson and representative of the stations in public
- Assist in booking guests, as well as producing and hosting Vincennes PBS’s public affairs program First City Focus
- Manage social media for the stations, including managing students posting on behalf of the stations
- Help organize and participate in special station events and community functions
- Any other duties assigned by News Director
- Bachelors or Associates Degree in Broadcasting or related field
- At least 5 years of experience the broadcast journalism field
- Must be able to effectively communicate with members of the public, staff and students
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and contact information for three references to Vincennes University, Human Resources, 1002 North First Street, Vincennes, IN 47591 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Interviews will be held concurrently.
Vincennes University is committed to diversity in the college community.