Full Time Support Staff Position
Vincennes University’s PBS affiliate station WVUT is looking for a Producer/Director with an excellent set of broadcasting skills to enhance our studio broadcasts and in-the-field video productions.
The WVUT Producer/Director has a passion for broadcast television with skillsets centered on videography, editing, producing and directing. This position will work closely with other production and station employees in a quick-paced environment working on daily deadlines.
This full-time, 12-month, non-tenured support staff position with benefits reports to the WVUT Production Manager. The standard schedule for this position is Monday-Friday 10am-6:30pm.
Position Duties & Responsibilities:
- Produce, direct, shoot and edit any programs assigned by the Production Manager for broadcast on WVUT or for other non-broadcast purposes, including, but not limited to: First City Focus, Sports Remotes, Political Forums and Debates, Newscasts, Newsbreaks, Special Programs and Public Service Forums
- Produce promotional and PSA announcements
- Serve as a production crew member on productions that others may be assigned to produce
- Monitor and operate Master Control
- Provide the public with weather information for both severe weather and closing and cancellations that may occur
- Provide training and supervision for students working on the television newscast, sports remotes, public affairs programs, political forums and other programs as part of their requirements for the broadcast program
- Critique student performances in any of the above mentioned productions
- Assist students with any pre-productions or post-production work that they have to do for any assigned project
- Assist students who encounter problems while using the production facilities for WVUT
- Provide security and accounting for all production equipment including signing out and checking in of location production equipment
- Other duties as deemed necessary
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum of an Associate’s Degree in Broadcasting or related major
- 1-2 years’ experience in a broadcast setting
- Excellent writing and speaking skills
- Ability to back-time programs and on-air breaks
- Must be able to effectively communicate with students, staff and faculty, as well as members of the general public
- Due to the nature of station equipment, candidate must be able to lift 50 pounds with reaching overhead, bending and twisting
The candidate will be eligible for all benefits available to a full-time employee of Vincennes University. More information can be found by visiting the Benefits page of the VU website: http://vinu.edu/human-resources
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should submit a VU Application, cover letter, resume, production portfolio (online or via stored media) and contact information for three references to Vincennes University Human Resources by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Vincennes, University, Human Resources, 1002 North First Street, Vincennes, IN 47591.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Interviews may be held concurrently with the advertising period. While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note the selected candidate may be required to submit to a criminal history background check. Vincennes University is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
WVUT Multimedia News Reporter/Producer
Full Time Support Staff Position
The WVUT Multimedia News Reporter/Producer has a passion for story telling through broadcast and online media practices to keep our listeners and viewers informed.
This is a full-time support staff position, with benefits, and a standard schedule of Monday through Friday 9am to 5:30pm, subject to change.
This position reports to the News Director.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Schedule interviews with members of our community for human interest stories
- Attend civic meetings and other events of interest for news content
- Shoot video, including interviews, to accompany news and promotional content
- Record and edit audio interviews for use within radio news content
- Edit video and audio for news and promotional content
- Write news stories for radio, television and web
- Produce, gather and post content accurately and timely on our websites, mobile platforms and social media in support of our stations’ digital strategies
- Assist in production of our live daily 30 minute TV newscast and other productions as needed
- Communicate with newsroom, radio, and TV production staff, as well as students, on a daily basis
- Assist in instructing students involved in daily newsroom and production tasks
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must have strong knowledge of media software and video exporting & uploading to digital platforms
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds with reaching overhead, bending and twisting
- Must hold a valid driver’s license
Competitive benefits package including health insurance, 16 paid holidays, tax-deferred retirement contributions, vacation, and sick leave. More information can be found by visiting the Benefits page of the VU website: http://vinu.edu/human-resources
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should submit the following, in order, via email as one pdf document: a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to email@example.com or hard copy applications materials may be mailed to: Human Resources, 1002 North First Street, Vincennes, IN 47591.
The title format of the pdf should read: LastName_FirstInitial_PositionTitle
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Interviews may be held concurrently with the advertising period. While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note the selected candidate will be required to submit to a criminal history background check.
Vincennes University is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer